Thursday, June 12, 2008

Von's

Location: 78 Hardware Lane
Link: www.vonsrestaurant.com.au
Cuisine: Modern Australian, Italian

~Menu~
The menu was very much alcohol-oriented. A lot of the mains involved vodka or red wine or alcohol of some sorts. I safely ordered the [non-alcoholic] chicken picasso. Good stuff. Jean's pasta was awesome too and actually comparable to Lygon Street. Tiramisu for dessert - too "cakey" for my liking.

~Entertainment~
The place apparently had a band playing but I didn't notice. The conversations emanating from our tables was more than enough - highly entertaining, and bordering on "inappropriate"...lol! Jemma's contributions were dirty as usual. There was much said which would be quite inappropriate to relay here, you just had to be there.

~Service~
The waiters were alright. I would much rather that they did not continually ask if we wanted garlic bread for starters, but I guess it's their policy to ask.

Overall rating: 8/10

No comments: