Saturday, June 20, 2009

Oriental Spoon: Korean BBQ

Location: 254 Latrobe Street
Cuisine: Korean, BBQ
Previous Review: Oriental Spoon

Complimentary kimchi and side dishes


The BBQ

The only requirements for the BBQ are that you have to choose a minimum of two dishes - I suspect that they don't really want to have to clean the BBQ plate for just one dish!! We chose the marinated beef (bulgogi) and marinated prime beef ribs. The ribs came with a king prawn, mushrooms, sliced sweet potato (the white oval shaped thing in the corner) and onions (the round white thing in front of the mushrooms). Beef was marinated and very juicy - just like I had expected!! The sweet potato on the other hand, could have been cooked a little longer as they were still rather crunchy when the waitress turned off the BBQ.

Which takes me to my next point. The service. Now the past few times I've been to Oriental Spoon, the service has been excellent. Today I was a little disappointed by the fact that the waitress didn't alert us to the fact that the cooking was done, and instead waited to come back and tell us that it was burning. Other than that, it was all good!!

Pricing was reasonable. Slightly cheaper than I was expecting (especially after my experience at Hwaro) but there was definitely plenty of food!

Overall Rating: 9/10
Oriental Spoon on Urbanspoon

No comments: